Monday, September 3, 2018

Yuck, It's Muggy


 The weather seems to be conducive to algae even though I've been resorting to chemical warfare.  I think that it is improving.
Some vines starting to show some brown and some pumpkins starting to turn orange. Generally the plot looks good in spite of the oppressive weather.
 Food plots planted last week have a little green showing.
 It's too soon to tell how much of it is weeds.
I did a lousy late job of preparing a seed bed in part of the barn field.  I planted wintergreens this weekend because I'm running out of time.
 I think that the prairie plot is doing well.  Warm season grasses taller than the Ranger roll cage.
There are a number of forbs and flowers mixed in.
Previous photo is a close up of these.
 I think that this is ironweed which happens naturally along with milkweed.
 Patches of these.
 This is another regular.
 The apples are pretty scarce this year.  This might be all that I get.
 Here I am making the camera tour.
 15 minutes earlier at a different camera - I must have chased her out of a bed somewhere.
 Last week and this week I did some mowing.  The a/c has trouble keeping up but it's better than being out in the yuck.  Only 70 when this shot was taken but over 90 today.  This morning, all the cabin windows were covered in condensation.
 Lots of turkey activity.
Joan and I rousted 5 or so turkey vultures out of the field by the barn when we arrived.  If there's a body out there, I didn't find it.




 Dove season is open.  I have standing sunflowers.  But I couldn't bring myself to go stand in the sun.


 Fawns still have spots.
 They will go when their winter coats come in.


This is a new camera looking at the same spot as an old camera (from a different angle).  The new camera had over 200 images.
 This is the old camera.  It had 10 images on the same settings.  The flash from the new camera illuminated this shot.
 It's about time to start losing the velvet.

What is going on here?



Although there aren't many apples, there are a lot of pears.

Mutant Junior.  Think that we will just go with Junior from now on.  His whole left side is odd.



This one has a squiggly left side.
A nice 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment