Sunday, July 25, 2021

Food Plots, Pumpkin Patch, and General Stuff

 Over this weekend and last, I sprayed a few of the plots for both grasses and broadleaf.

I also planted two plots.  It's a tad early but I thought that I saw rain coming.

I hope that the summer annual weeds don't just take over.
I did a great job on seed bed preparation with the rototiller.
Meanwhile, I was out mid-week to fight weeds in the pumpkin patch.
I made some progress... 
But some rows are already in the "survival of the fittest" mode.
We are regularly getting zucchini now.
Progress photos on some of the rows.



The prairie plot is in bloom.
Starting to see monarchs in addition to the swallowtails.
Random wildflowers too,
Wineberries are mostly done - I got a few.  Black raspberries are at peak. I don't enjoy them as much. This is the first time that we have seen this visitor at the bird feeders.
We also had another visitor.  Here's a short video.  Hen at birdfeeders
I brought my assistant on the walk for the camera tour.
I'm pretty sure that this in an owl hunting.
The usual predators.



Family group.
Lots of turkeys but not many poults.


And a nice selection of buck activity.



















Joan did hours on the zero-turn and then upgraded to the brush-hog.
We took delivery of a new couch to replace the fake leather one that is delaminating.

No comments:

Post a Comment