Friday, July 15, 2022

Quick Stop at the Farm

 We made a quick stop while travelling past the farm.  I didn't have time for many chores and I only got 1/2 of the cameras checked.  But there was still some interesting stuff going on.

There had been over three inches of rain recently so the pumpkin patch was green.  We're starting to get some blooms on zucchini and the pumpkins that I planted first.
The vines are starting to run on the early pumpkins.
The later plantings aren't as far along.  The rain is bringing a blush of weeds and I didn't have time to deal with it.  Hopefully they won't be a foot tall the next time that I see them.
Daisy assisted me on my rounds.
I made a quick run down to the wineberries just before dark. These may be an invasive species but the sure are good.
I picked these just from around the edge without wading into the patch,
The sunflower plot seems to be a complete loss this year.  The grass just took it over.
This is supposed to be a powerplant plot.  I can see some soybeans and other stuff in there but it is also almost completely grass.  I'm guessing that it's time to let these plots go fallow next summer and just fight weeds.
Had a few photos of the boys from the 4th.  Creigh tried the zero turn and did pretty well until his hat blew off and he mowed over it.
Here he is inspecting the gouges that he took out of the driveway.
Eric ran the bush-hog and did pretty well until he re-broke the lift cylinders.  We now know where it is happening.  A steep bank beside the driveway seems to put excessive tension on the cylinders.  Van has already gotten them repaired again.
The boys took a chainsaw and went out to clear some of the trails. 
 I consider it a success since we didn't have to go out and recover a stuck or broken machine.
Eric and I took down a hanging stand left from last season.
I had a friend stop by to say hi this week.  I wasn't there at the time.  He is always working on interesting projects and he was driving his latest one.  I think it's a 1940 something Willys.
The turkeys were really giving me the eyeball this week.










Lots of fawn activity.







Flies or ticks?  Either way, no fun.
This is how she feels about it.
Bucks are progressing.









They're not all monsters.

And a pileated woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment