Friday, November 30, 2012

OMG - He's Taunting Me!

Since we pushed that buck on Monday while driving down to the valley stand, I have been hunting the ladder stand.  It is located just above where we saw him.  I've hunted mornings and evenings there and never saw anything but a couple does.

This morning I hunted the Hi-Rise stand and saw three does.  At 11:30, I decided to go check cameras.  I opened the camera at the ladder stand and saw movement off to the right.  I looked up and a doe and the same huge buck were running away.  It appears that they were bedded about 40 yards behind the ladder stand.  I got my gun out of the Ranger and climbed the ladder stand - I could see no sign of them.

I decided not to stir up the woods by going tromping after them.  I'm going to sit the Hi-Rise tonight and hope that he comes out.
I'm pretty sure that this is the guy that I've seen twice this week.  This is a photo from a couple weeks ago at the same camera.
Here I am shortly before my mouth drops open...
A few daylight doe shots from where we weren't hunting.

The Monday camera tour (when we pushed the buck the first time).
It's getting warm today - 60ish.  Too many clothes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment