Sunday, January 5, 2014

M/L Season - Mid-Day 2

Dave and I hunted Sunday morning.  It was much warmer - about 35 degrees before sunrise.  I went to the main field hi-rise and planned to move down to the ladder once it got light.

There has been a big weather change predicted for tonight (Sunday evening).  Tomorrow morning temps are supposed to be below freezing with a high of about 5.  Originally Mason was supposed to get 4" to 8" of snow this afternoon/evening but now they are saying it will mostly be rain.  Here at the farm, the sun came out and it warmed up into the high 40's.  It's still supposed to rain about sundown before going frigid overnight.  I'm hoping that will get the bucks in the field since this will be my last real chance.  Heading home after the hunt or in the morning depending on weather and hunt success.
 View of the sunrise from the main field hi-rise.  I sat here for awhile and nothing was moving so I moved down to the ladder stand inside the woods.
 View from the ladder stand into the valley.  I didn't want to drag my backpack up the ladder so I left it out in the field.
 This small doe came across the field, saw my backpack and got spooked. He stayed below me for awhile facing off and stomping at my pack.  Dave took a walk and tried to drive something up my way - no luck.
 I went out at noon and checked the two cameras that I missed.  This camera caught me coming out of the ladder stand this morning.
 The war with the cabin invaders continues.  I think I'm winning the battle with the mice but I may be losing with the ladybugs/Asian beetles.
 This is an interesting shot taken yesterday while I was in the stand at the end of the trail.  This buck appears to have shed one side of his antlers already (or lost it in a fight).
 This 8 point seems to match the description of one that Dave saw after dark last night.
 There were a few spikes and forks on camera.
 Dave saw lots of dog/coyote tracks on his walk.  He also saw a light blood trail in the valley.  We didn't really even hear any shots - not sure where that came from.

 A few doe photos too.

The camera run today.  It continued to get warmer and the fields are now mostly melted.  It would be nice if the wind/rain held off until after dark - we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment