Sunday, July 1, 2018

Another Heat Wave and the Bobcat is Back

 It was temps in the high 90's with humidity also in the high 90's.  And the pumpkins needed to be weeded.
 So I basically just made it out for sundown on Saturday and sunrise on Sunday.  This is the strip of sunflowers in the main field.
 And the legumes on the other end.
This other field of sunflowers looks like a loss.
 The barn field mix of legumes and sunflowers may be ok.  But the weeds in the pumpkin rows were calling to me.

 In spite of the temps, it was a nice evening.
 I got some of the rows pretty well cleaned up.
I rescued some of the plants from the pigweed.
 The newer 1/2 of the field looks better than the early planting.  Smaller plants but less weeds.
The bobcat showed up on several cameras.
Barn field looking pretty good.





 Also fox.
 And this kitty who I saw live out in a clover field.
 Coyotes.

 And an occasional skunk.
The fawns are frolicking.




 Gobblers are out and about.
But I haven't seen any poults.


 Turkeys on security cam.



And the bucks.












Spraying last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment