Sunday, July 22, 2018

We've Got Rain


 The last contingent of grandkids left town this week but I still had photos on the trailcams.
 They helped me celebrate a birthday before they left for home.
 One of my gifts was a customized birdhouse.
 And a new elk target that I managed to christen.
 The target stand is going to need a refresh soon.
 I got 3 shots in with each rifle from 190 yards before the rain chased me in.  I dinged iron each time.
 I had this in the rain gauge on arrival.  More on the way.
 The pumpkin patch was wet and the vines are running.
 This side is the later planting.
 I put on the rubber boots and waded in to harvest a few zucchini.
I don't remember planting these.  Are they delicata squash?  Ready to harvest?
Lots going on in the prairie plot.


 Sunflowers in the main field are getting close.

The sunflowers in the barn field are being browsed pretty heavily.
Here's one of the culprits in action.
We lost one of our grand-puppies this week.  Here's Leo during one of his visits to the farm. Playing fetch in heaven now.
When I opened the barn door there was a bird flying around in there.  Later I found this under the door.
On my way out.  I was racing the storm clouds to get the gate closed and locked.
 I had to pick up some birdseed and these deer blocks were right there.
Trailcam activity follows.







 Mutant Jr has a lot going on at left brow tine.




I thought interesting with bird (dove?).













The Ranger is acting up.  Idling so high it won't shift gears.  I couldn't figure it out.  Hoping that Van can.






 The rag is for wiping away spider webs.
Going to seem quiet without little farm helpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment