Sunday, March 15, 2020

Perfect For Social Distancing

 Out here at the farm, social distancing comes naturally.  I'm avoiding the Covid-19 virus by running around and getting my soil samples for the lab to analyze.
 The start of green-up has begun.  The deer were all out in this field nibbling the little clover stubs last night.
And they left us this poop of the week.
 For my walk this week I decided to go down to the creek bottom and inspect my one property corner.  It's steep to get down here.
 I thought that it might be nice just to work my way up the creek bed - it's an area that I never cover.
But it gets steep and overgrown with lots of downed trees and slippery rocks.
I tried it for awhile but it just got harder and harder.  If you are in virus overload and would like some serenity, turn on the sound and watch these short videos.

Creek Video 1

Creek Video 2
So I scrambled along the bottom until their was a tributary.
 And then I followed it up out of the valley.
 I encountered these caves and overhangs.
It sure looks like somebody should be living in there.
Yeah, I slipped all the way down that hill.
 A few of the usual suspects at the feeder.
We had a menagerie on camera this week.  The skunks seemed to have non-typical stripes.
Look at this one.
Possum
 Fox
 Bobcat
Feral cat
 Lots of coyotes



Coyote howling


 A few antlers still hanging in there.
 One sided
Flags up

 Buck pedicles
This Wing Home camera was a deal on Amazon.  It takes decent photos but trigger accuracy is bad - usually 2000 photos a week.


1 comment:

  1. I like your style of distancing.

    I wonder how the previous owner of your property feels now: Y2k was a bust, but I bet they wish they still owned it during this virus.

    Those caves look awesome and might be a good spot for a future trail cam (albeit one that has a long soak time and doesn't get checked much).

    Stay healthy, and keep those deer happy for next season.

    ReplyDelete