Sunday, May 9, 2021

Forrest Gump On A Zero-Turn

Remember when Forrest Gump took up running?  Since Joan got on the zero-turn, it's been kind of like that.  Video of Joan on Mower

10 hours last weekend and 10 hours this weekend.  Which has been really great - glad to have the help with the chores.  Until now.  

Remember how I worked to plant a new orchard?  And then worked to protect it from the cicada invasion?

I had no idea that the threat to my orchard was closer to me.  That 6" stub used to be a cherry tree.
She ran over the netting and got it wrapped around the mower blade. I had to get under there to unwind the stuff.
Does she look remorseful to you?  I'll forgive her since it's Mother's Day.  We'll see if that stump comes back. 
This all occurred as I was out doing other chores.  Like spraying the clover fields.
Some of them are having an invasion of thistles.
I also did a fair amount of mowing myself (no orchard trees were harmed).
And I also worked on getting a couple of plots ready for planting.  All I need now is some fertilizer but I heard from my spreader - he's facing some health challenges.  His sons are going to try to cover for him.
Antler growing season has started so I'm putting out some minerals.  It also helps the pregnant does.
It looks like the fruit trees have set some fruit.
I was worried about that late snow.
And the degree of pruning on the old apples.
But both the old trees and the newer orchard has set fruit.  Apples, pears, and peaches.

Peaches.
Apples.

Had a casualty in the salamander pond.  Not sure why.
I didn't get any turkey hunting in but they have been active on camera.






It's been a few weeks but look who showed back up.

Also a pileated woodpecker.
And the coyotes are always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment