Sunday, May 2, 2021

Preparing for the Cicada Invasion

 The 17 year brood of cicadas is due to emerge in mid-May this year.  They can be particularly harmful to new young fruit trees so I'm making an effort to protect them.  I'm trying this netting.

We'll see how well that holds up.

For some reason, Joan was inclined to try out the zero turn this weekend.
She really got into it and covered a lot of ground.  That's her way out there.  She went that far in all directions.  Here's a video of the action.  Joan Mowing
When she finally stopped, she had grass clippings pretty much everywhere.
The redbud at home - Joan noticed that it had bunches of blooms on the trunk and branches.  Interesting...
Sunday morning sunrise.  I had so much to do, I didn't hunt much this weekend.  Just and hour or so.
Some photos from both last week and this week.

I also didn't spend much time looking for morels.  But I did find a couple.

Meanwhile, the Toms have been strutting.

And gobbling.





The usual predators.  Fox.
Coyote.
And the deer are doing their normal things.
Starting to see antler nubs.


Huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment