Sunday, May 23, 2021

More Mowing Mania

Both Joan and I spent a lot of time mowing this weekend.  It's hard to keep up with it in the spring.  But the clover fields are looking pretty good.  I mowed a couple of them for weed control purposes. I also tilled a few fields again and am waiting for fertilizer before I can plant.  I'm ready.

Roto-rooter was out this week and snaked the line.  Seems to have done the trick.  I replaced the cover-tile over the access port and it immediately cracked in half..

The rain seems to have slowed down and I was worried about the newly planted fruit trees.  So I commissioned this water tank and turned this Ranger into the water wagon.  My grandkids call this old original Ranger the "Hunting Ranger".
And I took Steve Wilson's advice on the Brood X cicada emergence.  He says it doesn't come this far east so I removed the netting.  The little trees seemed to appreciate being released.  I gave them all a drink.
It is prime antler growing and fawning season so I am keeping the minerals replenished.
And a couple more touring photos from last week.

Out for a walk.
The bobcat showed up on a couple of cameras.
Here's a zoom.
And again.
With another zoom.
The gray fox that has been a regular.  Haven't seen a red fox in a while.
And the coyotes.

A blue jay photo bomb.
Still lots of turkey action.
The hunting season ended this weekend and I really never spent much time on it this year - too busy,


A mainstay for the food chain - a bunny.
And the bucks are all showing some antler.  Things will happen fast now.










The does still looking quite pregnant.  Some fawns have been spotted already in the neighborhood.

And action at the favorite oak tree,


No comments:

Post a Comment