Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Some Planting

The fertilizer got spread so I ran out ahead of the rain to do a little planting.  First I gave them all a light disking to mix in the the fertilizer.  The disk is faster for this purpose than the rototiller.  I may leave this big plot fallow until August.

Then I planted some food plots.  This is a summer annual blend that I got via the NWTF.
After broadcast spreading the seed, I smoothed it with a chain drag.
I decided to put in  field of sunflowers again this year in addition to a small section in the pumpkin patch.  The deer like the leaves of these black oil sunflower plants.
It was getting late by the time I finished that plot.
I started the biggest pumpkins (longest growing season) indoors a couple weeks ago.  I planted them  and used my water wagon to give them a drink.  I also planted a row or two of seeds.  That's about 10% of the pumpkin patch.  I'll work on it again this weekend.
While the water wagon was out, I gave the new trees a drink.  This new cherry tree that Joan got as a replacement isn't looking too good.  Meanwhile, the one she decapitated is leafing out.
But I noticed that this five year old peach tree has set some good fruit.

Here's a look at my starter pumpkins before they went out to the field. They've been living on the porch for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment