Saturday, November 6, 2010

Miscellaneous and General Blather

Produce of the farm put to highly productive use on Halloween night.
 The free form and obviously artistic designs are my own. The mechanical looking design that was obviously stencilled might have been done by my bride.
 On my walk this morning I found this ant hill which some critter has been digging in.  Not sure who or what.
Here's the "poop of the week".   It was adjacent to the anthill so there might be some relationship to the excavation.  Big chunks of something here that didn't digest well and still has intact skin on it.
I don't know why but these trees just caught my eye on my morning walk.  I forget what species they are but they are junky tree that I normally cut down when doing "crop tree release".
This is the field where all the action was last night.  The lighter colored plants are the soybeans and they look like they're about dead.  It's amazing that the deer still prefer the soybeans even now after first frost.  Two of the Trailcams are in the area of the fence - one on the far side looking under the apple trees and one on the near side looking out into this field.  The turkey blind is now set up against this fence under the trees.
The soybean plants have been grazed heavily all summer and it doesn't seem like there's much left.
Here's a closeup of an individual plant.  There's still a few green leaves and alot of beans.
This is a strip of the brassica and turnips covered in frost this morning.  The frost is supposed to make these plants more palatable for the deer.
The Trailcam caught me struggling with the blind.  I was relocating it from under the pines on the other side of the driveway.
Here's a view from out in the field back at the blind.  This picture was taken from about where the 8 point shooter walked thru the field last night.
One board down on the fence to allow arrows and/or bullets to fly.
View from behind it with brassica and soybeans out in front.
 Back by popular demand (Kristen) is the farm traffic report.  Here's Theresa leaving after her weekly check on the cabin.
And the other major traffic of the week was me.
I'm sure that all of my loyal fans have been missing my "Tom approaching the camera" shots.  Here's one from this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment