Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dramatic Vehicle Rescue! (and other stuff)

Eric, Creigh, Dave and I headed out to the farm for a visit today (Sunday).  I spent quite a bit of time with the alarm company on the setup of of the new system.  Dave mowed some of the food plots where the weeds were taking over and Eric and Creigh decided to go clear some trails.  After they had been missing for quite some time, Dave and I decided to go looking for them.  We found their vehicle in a creek bottom with a flat tire (valve stem missing) but there was no sign of the boys.  We drove back up to the barn and found them sitting on the porch - all sweaty from the walk (climb) back in.  So we stole a tire off of an atv and went down to the creek bottom to change it.





It may not have been the right sized tire but at least the bolt holes lined up.
Here's Dave with the first harvest from the garden this year - a few zuchinni.
The pumpkins are looking pretty good.  I haven't even sprayed any fungicide and the weather has been hot and humid.  My plan to spray them today was foiled by the alarm guy and the flat tire.
Watermelons.
Not sure what this is - melons?
The corn is not so great.
Zuchinni is producing even though the weeds are thick.
Beans (I think) or were they peppers?.
Here I am spreading the minerals before checking the camera.
Here I am checking the camera.  I later came back again to recover the 1/2 bag of minerals that I left under the camera.
A shot from the last time we were out during the Nelson's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment