Monday, August 22, 2011

New Bow, Elk Hunt Prep, and Misc

I picked up my new bow and gave it a try for the first time.  I think that the technology has certainly improved since my last bow.  I was pretty pleased with this first group at 25 yards.



I found this peice of antler in a field that I was disking.  Wonder where the rest of the rack went. 
 On September 21st, I head to Utah for my second attempt at elk hunting.  I've been trying to improve my shooting skills.  I took 15 shots from this spot at the white target on the other side of the pond.  This was 190 yards, sitting, off shooting sticks.



This is the result.  Not great but at least all 15 were on paper.  Six shots were in the black section.  The other nine shots would still have hit an elk but there's no guarentee that we won't have longer shots than this.  I really need to pull that group tighter somehow. 




This target is even worse.  I tried shooting off-hand and/or standing/supported from only 100 yards.
















In order to warm up for this trip, I pulled a few pictures from the last elk hunting trip in Idaho.  It was a little more rustic than this one is supposed to be.  It was a hell of an experience but I sure hope that we have more success this time.







No comments:

Post a Comment