Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kubo-san Visits the Farm

My friend Jay Kubo is retiring soon and he will be returning to Japan after 24 years in the U.S.  I encouraged him to come visit the farm before he leaves so that he could shoot some guns and ride atvs.  He made it this weekend and we had a good time.

We toured the farm and checked all of the game cameras.

Then we picked some of the pumpkins from the pumpkin patch.


Then we shot pistols.  First was the .22
Next was the .40 followed by the .45
And finally it was the "Dirty Harry" gun - the .44 magnum.
 
Here's a couple short videos of the action:
 

 
 
Jay also tried driving the farm tractor.
And we shot clay birds with a shotgun.
Then we tried some rifles - this is the .22
And this one is a lever action .17
And the .223
And even a .50 cal muzzleloader



 
My best wishes to Kubo-san in his well-deserved retirement.  I hope to visit him in Japan some day soon.

I did some practicing with the muzzleloader myself.  This target is from 200 yards shooting a 300 grain bullet with 3 pellets of Triple 7.  I'm going to hunt elk with a muzzleloader in New Mexico later this month and I never shot it at this long range before.

This is brassica that I planted late after the sunflower crop failed.  It has come in quite nicely.
The clover that I planted in the driveway stand field is getting a slow start. It is just starting to germinate.
Some other items of interest:
 
1.) We are still chasing outfitter that screwed us in Colorado.  He owes us refunds for our hunt deposits.  This is the guy and you should tell everyone you know not to do business with him.
 
2.) Jim and Bob decided to wait until next year to book another elk hunt.  I decided to scramble and still hunt elk this year.  Dave Scheessele agreed to come with me as an observer so I am headed to New Mexico to hunt elk with a muzzleloader 10/19 to 10/25.  I found this outfitter thru a booking agent and I hope it works out better than the last guy.
 
3.) Somtimes people ask me what we do at Hotwork.  We just recently updated the company website so if you have time to browse, you might want to take a look.
 
And finally, my best wishes to my hunting buddies Kristen and Leo.  They recently had a new daughter - Kayla.  Kayla came early and has had some complications preventing her from coming home from the hospital.  We are all thinking about the three of you and wishing you the best.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment