Saturday, October 13, 2012

Quick Trip - Packing For New Mexico

Joan and I ran out Friday and back Saturday morning.  These three guys were in town this weekend and we had a birthday celebration.  On the 18th they will turn 30!  Seems like yesterday they were struggling thru 8th grade cross country meets.
The main reason for the farm trip was to get set for the elk hunt in New Mexico next week.  It's a muzzleloader hunt so I wanted to do some more shooting.  This group is off sticks from 100 yards.
Off sticks from 150 yards
Off sticks from 175.  I quit after one shot at this distance.
200 yards from the bench.  I'm feeling pretty good that I can shoot "moment of elk" out to 200 yards with my muzzleloader.
I also shot the 223.  The outfitter says that we can hunt coyotes if we tag out early on elk.  This is 100 yards off the bench.  Nice group.
200 yards off the bench. Still a little high but I din't fool with it.
I also picked pumpkins and gourds.  I'm getting down to the mutant and mis-shaped ones.
The brassica looks great.  I took down the tape.  It will be interesting to see what it looks like in two weeks. The soybeans have been hit hard by the deer.
 
 
Poop of the week - some inconsiderate deer left this one on the mineral lick.  I made a quick tour of the cameras - not alot happening.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment