Sunday, October 28, 2012

Plots, Trailcams & Misc

First visit to the farm in two weeks (since I was in New Mexico).  A couple of the cameras had dead batteries.  The furnace doesn't seem to be working.  It's raining and 43 degrees. 

I sat in the driveway stand last night for the first hunt of the year.  The field in front of the stand is planted in clover but it barely emerged - so it's mostly dirt.  I thought the acorns on the field edge would be an attractant and I wanted a view of the main field.  I saw 9 does and no bucks.  Most of the action was in the main field but I had a couple of does eating acorns.

I saw 10 turkeys in the pond field yesterday and there were 7 in the barn field this morning.
This appears to be the backward buck - not a great shot.
The pond is still really low.




Camera checks.


Last harvest - mostly mutants and green ones.

I can't believe that they haven't touched this brassica yet.
The soybeans have been hammered.
They do leave some of the beans - saving them for later?
Driveway field clover - barely sprouted.
Pumpkin patch - somebody got inside the tape and was munching on green pumpkins.
There are some nice pumpkins that never quite ripened.
Barn field clover.
Pond field clover.
Turkey parade.

Fox or coyote?

Equal opportunity.





Near relocated ladder stand.

What I usually see when hunting.



No comments:

Post a Comment