Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NM - WED P.M. - Last Hunt

Yes, it's true - I am eating my elk tag.  But think of all the money that I'm saving on meat processing, taxidermy and shipping.

Actually, the first two days of this hunt were extremely thrilling and an experience that I won't forget.  The rest of the week was less thrilling but that's hunting.  I think that this area is great and I'm pretty sure that a different tag (private land) may have been more successful.  I was awfully close to taking a trophy bull on the first two days - just not close enough.

I learned alot about my muzzleloader - I have at least double the range that I thought I had.
On our last hunt, we tried to find a bull up in these mountains that we spotted from about 2 miles away yesterday.  This is Matt leading us up the valley.
View from top of one of those mountains.

We also took a drive around today to look for coyote.  It was the only chance to get Dave some shooting.  Mid-day coyote hunting isn't optimal.  I really appreciate Dave coming along as an observer.  He spent some long  days just watching and glassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment